Wednesday, March 4, 2009

A Censored Fag

I'm loud, noisy, if there's a chance to be out and proud, I'll take it... And yet, the first time someone actually tries to censor me is not by any of this.

It was all because of my t-shirt.

A friend of mine invited me to hear him play at a public school, he was going to play some reinassance music to a bunch of 3rd to 5th graders.

As I was in a corner of the small auditorium, just sitting and waiting for the kids to show up when my friend comes up to me and tells me I need to change my shirt.

Excuse me? 

Apparently, the director of the small consort didn't think I was wearing something appopiate for kids to see and that I needed to change shirts or cover the caption. There was no way I could cover it, flip it? Something, anything, to cover it up. Luckily my friend had changed shirts for the presentation (just to look nicer) and I could use the one he wasn't wearing.

What did it say? "Love Sucks" and it had a broken heart right next to it.

No comments: