Thursday, March 20, 2008

Open Wide! (the mouth!... pervs)

Having money is awesome, everyone knows that… but being a teenager with money? Makes you feel like you own the world. Two weeks after I’d started working as a graphics designer I decided to spend some of it on improving myself. I first decided on going to the dentist to get my teeth whitened, but then they told me how much I had to pay and immediately after that, I went straight to the first Wal-Mart I could find and bought some Crest Whitening Strips, the ones that had to be used for 7 days.

The instructions were simple; I just had to apply the strips 2 times a day, for 30 minutes at a time.

I did an amazing job following instructions, for the most part. On the 6th day, I had just came back from work, it had been an exhausting day, I remember just putting on the strips and going to my bed to rest for a while, I would remove the strips… soon…

8 hours later, I woke up with the weirdest feeling in my mouth, I checked, and oh yeah, I had completely forgotten the strips. Of course, I did the logical thing, took them off and applied the last pair of strips. Smart of me, right? 30 minutes later I, obediently, rinsed my mouth and continued my daily routine so I could go to work.

Remember the feeling I had? It gradually became a painful one. I was at work already, and I couldn’t just tell my boss I wasn’t able to work because I had a throbbing teeth-ache. There was a lamp in my desk and I started noticing that whenever I opened my mouth, the warmth of the lamp stopped the pain, the warmth was gooood.

Luckily I had a private station there so I could easily have my mouth open with the lamp almost touching my face, while still being able to work. I did that for a couple of minutes, enjoying my pain-free time, when my boss came in, telling me something about a design I’d done. He saw me, and I saw him, and we just kind of looked at each other ackwardly for a moment. I closed my mouth, moved the lamp away from me and continued working, as any good employer, he just went back to his office and came back a couple of minutes after.

Eventually, I explained to him what the fuck I was doing.

No comments: